As a community of homeschool families working together, we strive to teach students to communicate effectively, winsomely, and ultimately, for God’s glory. During the season, the club meets on Monday evenings. Each meeting is structured so that the student may not only thrive in their speaking and debating abilities, but also in their relationship with the Lord and with other students.
Because this is a parent-led activity, it does require parental commitment from each family. One of the student’s parents (or older relatives) must be present at any meeting the student attends.
There is no direct cost to participate in the club, however, we ask that all families share the load in regard to bringing snacks, helping with printing, voluntary donation for facility use, and the like.
For more information about the club, please visit our Contact page
We believe it is God’s desire that young people learn to communicate both effectively and winsomely. Therefore, we as parents and students will work together toward the goal of being fully equipped to communicate, persuade, influence and lead others toward the Kingdom of God. The process of developing and refining these skills is a means to greater spiritual awareness, camaraderie and maturity. All this must be accomplished with an emphasis on personal humility and servanthood while exercising the gifts God has given to each young person.
12 His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints, that they should do the work of ministering toward building up Christ’s body, 13 that it might develop until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the full and accurate knowledge of the Son of God; that we might arrive at really mature manhood – the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ, and the completeness found in Him. 14 So then, we may no longer be children, tossed like ships to and fro between chance gusts of teaching, and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, the prey of the cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men, in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead. 15 Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth in all things – speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him, Who is the Head, even Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One.
Scripture quotations taken from the Amplified Bible, Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.
Statement of Faith
- There is one God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- Man is sinful and therefore separated from God, who is holy and perfect. (Isaiah 53:5-9, Romans 3:23, I Peter 1:15-16)
- Jesus Christ paid the eternal penalties for our sin through His death on the cross (Luke 24:46, I Peter 2:21)
- Jesus Christ also resurrected bodily and ascended into heaven and will return one day to fulfill His kingdom. (Matthew 28:6, Revelation 19:11)
- Only through Jesus Christ and the grace of His provision of salvation, may we be saved from eternal punishment, enter into God’s family and receive eternal life. (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 6:23, Romans 8:11, I John 1:9)
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible and authoritative Word of God and the truth for Christian faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, John 17:17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13, Psalm 19:7-11, John 6:67-69)